Saturday, February 24, 2007

Netaji

Today I saw the movie Bose by Shyam Benegal. Even though I knew the outline of the story but seeing it being played in front of my eyes hit me. It made me realise the audacity and the courage of Netaji's plan. No matter how hard I try, I can never imagine someone making such a move. How can one leave his motherland to search for a way to free it militarily from outside!

Firstly, believing in such an idea and internalising it would require the clarity of a mirror and nerves of steel... Secondly, there will be so many questions, so much self-doubt that he would have fought with... I am dumb-founded that someone like him actually existed in my country...

Unimaginable courage... unthinkable sacrifice... out-of-the-world inspiration... My life unto him... my life unto him...

3 comments:

Varun said...

Mohit,

I think this is just the beginning of the Netaji bug biting you! It happened exactly the same with me, when I saw Shyam Benegal's movie. I couldnt understand how some one could be so courageous and fearless!

That started my voyage into this man and it is not by chance that I write on my homepage, "Vivekananda and Subhas Bose are a few great men who have had an immense influence on my present view of life, society and one's karma!"

This character just fascinates and fascinates more as you read about him. I would recommend you to read "The Indian Pilgrimage", his autobiography and then "The India Struggle", a book he wrote for the world audience about India's Independence movement.

And there is much more to read, get inspired, till you will form a distinct small temple for Netaji some where in your heart.

PS:
1. I dont imply that you dont critically read him and make your own opinion.... I am just predicting!
2. This is a propoganda mail. Mohit is a very good friend and I can take the liberty of writing in this vein to him! It doesnt generalize...

-Varun

Mohit Garg said...

Thanks dost... I loved point 2 in the PS :-)

And I surely will read his book...

-Mohit

Sayantan said...

Dear Mohit,

Come lets join hands. Please be a part of www.missionnetaji.org .